In the News
Jeffrey Schwartz, Executive Director of Consolidated Credit Counseling Services of Canada, Inc., and Consolidated’s Community Outreach Team are often called upon by the media to provide commentary and act as resources on what’s happening in the Canadian economy and with consumer debt. Watch, read and listen to what they have to say:
TV News Clips
- 09/29/2014 - Student Debt? Get help!
Students are graduating with lots of student debt, and some are having trouble paying that down. But there are things that students can do to ease the burden.
- 09/25/2014 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: He Shoots, He Spends!
Everyone knows that Canada loves hockey. But it goes beyond cheering and jeering at the rink. The returning NHL season is expected to provide a significant boost to the Canadian economy.
- 09/25/2014 - IN THE NEWS: Get Your Finances In Order Before You Retire
By the time the youngest baby boomers turn 65, senior citizens will make up nearly one quarter of the Canadian population. Jeff Schwartz, executive director of Consolidated Credit Counseling Services of Canada, offers some advice on how Canadians can pre
- 09/22/2014 - Ha! You think you can buy a house for that much?
Everyone knows that housing prices are rising. For some Canadians, so are their budgets.
- 09/19/2014 - Classes, Keggers, and Credit Cards?
September is a time when university and college campuses are buzzing with new and returning students. But they are also buzzing with credit card companies, set up on campus with the hopes of hooking new customers.
- 09/19/2014 - Baby budgets: How to pay for that bundle of joy
There have been a lot of celebrity couples making announcements about future bundles of joy. Many parents out there understand the costs of adding a new member to the family. But here's the good news -- you don't need to be Prince William to afford a ba
- 09/18/2014 - IN THE NEWS: How to curb compulsive online shopping
Consolidated Credit's Executive Director Jeff Schwartz offers some advice to the Canadian Press on how Canadians can curb their compulsive online shopping.
- 09/16/2014 - IN THE NEWS: Vancouverites Prepping for Christmas
Executive Director Jeff Schwartz spoke with News1130 in Vancouver about how people can prepare for Christmas, which is fewer than 100 days from now!
- 09/16/2014 - IN THE NEWS: Getting Started on Saving for Christmas in Ottawa
Executive Director Jeff Schwartz speaks to 1130 News' Ed Hand in Ottawa about Consolidated Credit's #100Days100Ways campaign.
- 09/15/2014 - Raiding the emergency fund
A recent study has found that Canadians are dipping into their emergency funds for non-emergency reasons. Writer Eric Spence tells readers why this is dangerous and how they can maintain a solid emergency fund.
Public Relations Coordinator
Consolidated Credit Counseling Services of Canada, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-800-656-4120 x 1041