In the News
Jeffrey Schwartz, Executive Director of Consolidated Credit Counseling Services of Canada, Inc., and Consolidated’s Community Outreach Team are often called upon by the media to provide commentary and act as resources on what’s happening in the Canadian economy and with consumer debt. Watch, read and listen to what they have to say:
TV News Clips
- 01/28/2015 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Let’s Talk About Financial Stress
Mental health awareness has been coming to the forefront as of late. Consolidated Credit and the Canadian Mental Health Association would like to help you avoid financial stress.
- 01/22/2015 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Giving Target Employees a Leg Up
As 17,600 Target employees come to grips with their upcoming unemployment, Consolidated Credit is reaching out to provide free financial counselling.
- 01/16/2015 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Uncertain in Alberta
Alberta is no stranger to boom-and-bust oil prices, but the most recent price plunge has come at a time when Albertans are carrying massive levels of household debt.
- 01/14/2015 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Holiday Bills Causing a B.A.D. Day?
This time of year finds Canadians particularly vulnerable to "Bill Avoidance Disorder" or B.A.D. As a result, Consolidated Credit would like to declare January 15th as "B.A.D. Day." We've put together some tips to help you avoid havi
- 01/13/2015 - Infographic: Curing a Holiday Debt Hangover
The holidays are over and it's time to pay the piper. If your credit cards were working overtime in December, you might be afraid to check those bills. This infographic might help ease the pain.
- 01/12/2015 - Financial Fitness Goals for 2015
It's that time of year again - we make resolutions, and we break them. Here are some tips on how to keep that financial resolution alive and well.
- 01/08/2015 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: They're Coming!
You're back to work, it's a new year, and the holidays are behind us. But in case you've forgotten about all the money you spent, your creditors are happy to remind you. Here's how to deal with January's bills.
- 12/30/2014 - The Biggest Personal Finance Fails of 2014, and How to Avoid Them in 2015
Nobody likes to make mistakes. But they happen. Learn from these epic fails so that you can protect your finances!
- 12/24/2014 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Boxing your Budget into a Corner
Hopefully, you spent the last few months spending wisely and making sure your holiday budget stayed on track. Don't let Boxing Day blow it!
- 12/22/2014 - #100Days100Ways coming to a close
We are reaching the end of a very long campaign. #100Days100 ways is almost finished, but before we wrapped it up, we gave away a $100 gift card!
Public Relations Coordinator
Consolidated Credit Counseling Services of Canada, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-800-656-4120 x 1041