Making Mother’s Day Memories Without Breaking the Bank
Thursday, July 28, 2011
"Most mothers don't want the children to break their piggy banks or raid their savings for a gift. Moms would rather have the kids save the money for their future or pay off their student loans," says Jeffrey Schwartz, executive director, Consolidated Credit Counseling Services of Canada, Inc. "In my experience the best Mother's Day gifts are the ones that don't cost a cent."
The true spirit of Mother's Day is about making memories together not how much you spend on a gift. The goal is to let mom know how special she is to you. With a little planning you will be able to create a terrific memory she will cherish for years to come.
Consolidated Credit has these suggestions to you plan a special day for your mom:
▪ Gift of time - Moms just want to spend time with their children so make it a Mother-Daughter/Son day, spend the whole day with her. Do the things she likes doing and treat her like a queen.
▪ Home video – Make a tribute video to mom. This may take a bit time but the end result is priceless.
▪ Mom's mix – Fill your mom's MP3 player with a collection of all the songs that remind you of her.
▪ Write a letter – Hand write a letter instead of buying a card, write about all the good memories you have with her and all the things that make her so special.
▪ Give mom the day off - Make a coupon booklet for mom and include things like "Having tea together once a week," "Making her lunch twice a week," "Laundry for the month" or just general chores around the house. Be prepared to honour the coupons, Mom will collect!
▪ Digital photo show - You can upload photos on to her computer and create a nice slide show.
▪ Dinner - Make Mom dinner! It's not what you cook that counts it's the time you spend at the table together.
Consolidated Credit Counseling Services of Canada is a national non-profit credit counselling organization that teaches consumers about personal finance.
Consolidated Credit's unbiased debt-counselling service offers alternatives to help people get their debts under control. Alongside assisting with consolidating payments, Consolidated Credit experts focus on education and understanding. Strategies include teaching basic but vital concepts such as how to budget, understanding credit and how to manage money.
Consolidated Credit also offers a free web-based budget and debt analysis tool and a plethora of website resources for people interested in learning more about debt and credit on their own, including tips on smart spending, buying a car, taking out a student loan and a survival guide for holiday spending. Its online learning centre offers free personal finance education booklets, financial calculators, resources, tips and suggestions. Also offered is a free iPhone and iPod application, "Budget Tool", which can be used to manage expenses on-the-go.
Stay Connected With Consolidated Credit Counseling Services, Inc. of Canada
Visit us on www.consolidatedcredit.ca
Call us toll-free on the phone at 1.800.656.4079 for a FREE debt consultation!
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook
Add us on YouTube
- 03/07/2013 - March Break Money Madness
- 08/19/2009 - Let the Price war begin
- 08/11/2009 - Back to school shopping does not have to mean breaking the bank
Manager of Community and Public Relations
Consolidated Credit Counseling Services of Canada, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-800-656-4120 x 1057